Tuesday, May 24, 2011

2011.05.24 Tuesday

Adding the gym into my daily routine yesterday is coming back to haunt me. Oh the memories of waking up completely exhausted.

Around lunchtime, I went over to the gym at work and worked on my back/bicep muscle workouts. I used yesterday's experience of using light weight and still being really sore, so today I tried to back off even more with the weights. Overall, I still worked out for a good 45-60 mins.

I then went to the cafeteria and got an awesome sandwich. Toasted turkey sub, with lettuce, red onions, avocado, jalapeƱos, deli mustard and a dash of salt and pepper. Delicious. Maybe my appetite is back because my body is craving nutrients.

After work, I did something slightly crazy. I went running. Yeah, that's working out twice in one day. I went the same route I have been going these last few times, but Habs let me try out his heart-rate monitor. I peaked at 196 bpm, but was usually around 185-190 during my trek. Every time I've taken this route so far, I run the first mile, then have to start taking breaks. Well today I only took a couple of small breaks, and I'm not getting a weird discomfort in my stomach when I try to breathe (and no, it's not one of those running cramps). Progress is being made! Just to give an idea of what speed I run, it takes me about 10 minutes to do 1.1 miles.

Cooked up some chicken for dinner. Tended to my plants. I felt like I couldn't eat enough, since I have been using up so much energy.

Also had a hard time falling asleep.

No comments: