Monday, May 30, 2011

2011.05.30 Monday - Memorial Day

The day started off slightly slow for me. Just trying to wake up.

First up for the day, a quick run over to HEB for fun-day supplies and food.

Back at home, I relaxed a bit with some CS:S, then started getting things ready. To start, I prepared some homemade guacamole, which included:
  • 3 avocados
  • a red onion
  • a roma tomato
  • 3 cloves of garlic
  • 3 medium-small limes
  • 1 anaheim pepper
  • 1 handful bunch of homegrown cilantro
  • a hefty helping of sea salt
  • a dash of cayenne pepper
I used a food processor for the veggies (not the avocados) and still cried like a baby because of the onion.

Next up, bacon-wrapped hotdogs. This recipe is rather simple: take strips of bacon and spiral down the dog, put a toothpick (or dowel rod) through the ends to hold the bacon on. Then grill. Remove the sticks before eating.

Went over to Taylor's apartment complex to grill and feast on good eats (hey, that's also a good show). We tried playing volleyball on the court, but it was unbelievably hot. I then spent a good 30-45 minutes hosing down the sand with some water to cool it off some. It kind of worked. Fun was had.

Back at home, unpacked and showered.

Quick trip over to my parents house. My dad made some strawberry pie. I had two slices. My grandma also made some of her special recipe of party mix that I very much enjoy, so I took a bag home with me.

No comments: