Thursday, June 30, 2011

2011.06.30 Thursday

As expected, I am rather tired getting up today. I was able to get to bed at an earlier time last night, but I think output energy was greater than input.

Work is quickly becoming a place where I can expect interrupts instead of actually getting work done. At least I got a free lunch today... mmm fajitas.

After work, I went for a nice 5k run. These are starting to feel a bit better, but I don't know how I am supposed to get any faster without taking breaks.

Showered, got dressed and went out to Justin's show at Vivo's. I arrived late so I missed a good chunk, but at least I still witnessed and acoustic version of stinkfist.

Next up, I went over to Planet K to pick up some tobacco for a hookah. Whilst shoppping through the selection, a lady runs in the door yelling "does anybody here drive a silver Mazda 3?". I almost didn't want to respond because I didn't want to know. Maybe I forgot to set my parking break and the car just rolled into a business? She says "some guy just hit your car". Awesome. Huge fluctuations of emotions going on, not sure what I should be. Also was worried that I might not be able to drive anywhere this weekend. -- So I get outside, a guy and his friend are standing behind his truck, which is in front of my car facing away. The parking lot is a loop with angled parking spots. I guess he 'pulled through' and that messed up his ability to get out, so he decided to back up...into my car. Luckily though, I couldn't see any damage that wasn't already there. His bumper height matched up with the height up my front license plate. I already have scratches on my front bumper from some hit-and-runs. He gave me his information, apologized profusely, and offered to settle any damages without getting insurance involved. I liked everything he was saying. I thanked him for not doing a hit-and-run, then said "well, I don't see any damages, but if for some reason my bumper falls off on the way home I'll give you a call and we can work something out". Perhaps humanity is not doomed. People actually taking responsibility for their actions, apologizing, and trying to make the best of the situation...

Sad, but my precious Mazda 3 is no longer a baby.

Went grocery shopping. Back home I couldn't sleep.

No comments: