Tuesday, June 14, 2011

2011.06.14 Tuesday

Enjoyed staying in bed longer than usual. I think this method of waking up to the radio first is pretty good at bringing me out of sleep gently.

A WootOff is happening. Will you be lucky enough to get a bag-o-crap?

Work today was interesting. I've been blasting my way through code, writing more than I have in a long time. I also decided to work a really long day so I can take off time later in the week. I took some time out of the middle of the day to get a small workout in at the gym.

Post-work: I left and surprisingly enough there was still sunlight out. I guess the last time I worked really late was during winter or early spring when the sun set super disgustingly early. At home I took care of my plants by adding dihydrogen monoxide to the particulate they were suspended in. The tomato plant had two fruit ready for consumption, so I ate one and will eat the other tomorrow.

Off to Chik-fil-a for a quick drive-thru dinner, then over to Coleman's house for festivities. Unfortunately by the time I arrived at Coleman's, my food was rather cold. The road to his house has no signs warning you that it is coming up, like a normal highway would.

At Coleman's, we chatted and played a few games. One game we played is called Telephone-Pictionary. Each person grabs a piece of paper, writes a sentence at the top then passes it to their neighbor. Upon receiving a piece of paper, you either draw-the-sentence or describe-the-drawing, the fold over the paper so only your new addition is showing and pass it on. At the end of all the iterations, the drawings and descriptions tend to deviate from the original idea, and it is often hilarious. I think I broke Coleman with one of my drawings. He was laughing so hard that he was crying, so I began laughing with him and it made my stomach hurt.

Home late.

No comments: