Tuesday, June 28, 2011

2011.06.28 Tuesday

Two weird things happened this morning. I wake up thinking that I had a dream about people being active around 4 or 5 o'clock in the morning. Turns out that people were actually up and taking care of a sick pup. I also get a text from a friend saying they had a dream about me. I guess I transcended my sleeping mind and entered theirs.

Off to work...

I received a rather random text message today. It was from the New York area, and completely in French. I felt that was weird because as I was watching Inglorious Basterds last night I was thinking how much of French I still understand. As far as I can tell, the text message is one lady asking another lady if the package she mailed arrived in good condition. Not the most exciting message ever, but still cool that it is entirely French.

Post work, I went to go pick up some gear for the vacation trip. Then met up with Kelc and her mom to see Super 8 at the Alamo Drafthouse.

**slight spoiler, skip this paragraph if you want to see the movie as a clean slate** I though the movie was alright as an entertainment device. If you are looking for super crazy action, or incredible storyline, super special effects, or even superb acting... you might look somewhere else. There were a few scenes that just felt awkward, but I think some of that might have been on purpose. The movie felt like The Goonies, Jurrasic Park, and ET mixed into one; so in some ways it felt like a rehash that was trying to be a "new classic". With that said, I think the movie was entertaining. There were quite a few scenes and dialogue exchanges that had comedic value, and a simple love story-line strung through the meat of it all. It was entertaining, but I'm not sure if I would make myself watch it again.

Home. Bed.

No comments: