Friday, August 28, 2009

2009.08.28 Friday

Today, just now, I decided something. I thought about it for a second, and yeah, my entire mind and body totally dislike something. What is that something you might ask? Well, let me tell you what it is. It's a little sub-game called King's Cup. Traditionally this game is played with a full deck of cards, and each card has an assignment/task/game that is played upon drawing. The King card, when drawn, causes the person who drew it to put some of their drink in a cup thats in the middle of the group playing. The last person, or fourth person to draw a King card has to drink that cup. Honestly, thats pretty darn disgusting with all the possibilities of beer and wine and stronger alcohols, plus mixers...bleh. I refuse from this day forth to ever play that game. Not my style.

Mmm, trans fat for lunch! What.. you don't like trans fat? Well neither does your body. Supposedly one of the worst things to ingest; your body doesnt know how to digest it. I would suggest avoiding it at all costs. You'd think packaging that says 0g trans fat would mean it has none in it, but that IS NOT TRUE. Legally, food manufacturers can put 0 when the serving size has less than 0.5g of trans fat. So that means 0.499999999 would show up as '0' on the packaging. Great huh? In addition to looking at the numbers, look at the ingredients list and try to find anything thats "partially hydrogenated". That usually translates into "trans fat". Go ahead and look up what partially hydrogenation is on the internet, and then tell me you'd still want to eat that. So back to the burning question "well what did you eat for lunch Andy?"... let me tell you: I found a microwave meal of Spiral Pasta and Cheese by either Betty Crocker or Kraft or something. It was good until I found out it has 2g of trans fat. Thanks for killing me slowly.

Slow and quiet day.

Crashed hardcore after work, guess thats what less than 5hrs/night will do.

Went out to Taco C for dinner, then to Alamo Drafthouse for Inglourious Basterds.

No comments: