Monday, August 17, 2009

2009.08.17 Monday

I don't know what it is, but something feels really "off" today. Like the world is out of balance or something big is going to happen. I really hope nothing happens though, because then I look guilty.

It was hard getting to sleep last night, and just as hard to convince myself to get out of bed this morning.

For lunch today, Nissin Chow Mein : Spicy Chicken Flavor.

Cook time: roughly 6+ minutes Difficulty of cooking: 5 out of 10 Meal size: ~114g Calories: 560 Fat: 30g (46% DV) Sodium: 1300mg (54% DV) Carbs: 62g (22% DV) Protein: 12g
--Overall, I liked the flavor and consistency of the noodles on this one. The dehydrated veggies didnt totally soften up, but then again, they never do with microwave meals. It takes 5 minutes to cook in the microwave because it actually brings water to boil to cook the noodles, very nice on actually cooking instead of reheating. The only downsides I can think of, lack of something that your body actually wants, and the long cook time. Sure it tastes good, but the high sodium, dehydrated tiny veggies, and low protein make this a desirable meal a maximum of 1-2 times a week. The pros, very inexpensive, tastes infinitely better than super-cheap ramen, actually has (tiny pieces of) meat in it, and only need to add water.
Good day, sir.

Once I got home, I started the process of washing my car. This involved a base wash, then wheel treatment, then clay treatment on the paint, then waxing, then rain-x on the windows, then polishing out the wax. Although it only takes a few seconds to read all that, it took a heck of a lot longer. And damn, my arms are tired. Picked the wrong day to gym+carwash.


Lunch update: Although the chow mein was awesome going in, it was not awesome coming out. Maybe its whatever is going on with my digestive track these days, but man was that uncomfortable. It's like you feel like death while sitting on the pot, then a few minutes later everything is ok. I think I'll gamble with the Spicy Chicken Flavor a few more times before retiring it.


I took some pics of the car, not very good shots since the sun was gone. Check it out:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2728359&id=7911936&l=7509b4699f

No comments: