Friday, July 8, 2011

2011.07.08 Friday - Last Shuttle Launch

Shuttle Atlantis took off early this morning to mark the end of an era. I'm seeing conflicted emotions over this. From what I can tell, this is one of the last large payloads that is needed to be taken up to the ISS, so the Shuttle is following its scheduled retirement. Also, the shuttle itself is something like thirty years old, so for extended trips and new technologies, it is sorta holding us back. -- Then again, it is sad to see such an awesome engineering feat be laid to rest. Though it had its fair share of problems, it was one of the more reliable space vehicles.

Washed, waxed, rain-x'd my car. It is hot outside. I took the car into the garage to do the waxing and it was still hot as balls. I was pretty glazed over with sweat

Relaxed a bit, and attempted to re-hydrate myself. Then started cleaning up my bathroom. It had been a while. Ick.

Games, relaxing, chik-fil-a.

No comments: