Monday, December 13, 2010

2010.12.12 Sunday

Woke up normal time. Korey and Josh were heading to a wedding today, Kelc, her mom and I were going to see the Nutcracker.

Kelc's mom decided to head over to Florida to spend time with her dad, whose health has been in steady decline. I hope everything is ok.

Packed up some of Kelc's stuff in Josh's truck to take back to Austin. Picked up the other Josh to go see the Nutcracker with us.

I've got to say, the Nutcracker, or any ballet, is still hard to interpret as an adult (until I read the synopsis) so I have no idea why a kid would enjoy watching. As a matter of fact, there were numerous kids that began crying throughout the performance. Even hundreds of years ago, I could see how the ballet would be a terrifying experience. Seems like a demented art form.

After the show, went back home and checked the flights. The flights to Austin didn't look so good, so Kelc rushed me off to the airport. I flew through security (no body scanning this time) and was at the gate early. Made it on, and First Class again (but remember, short flights show little to no benefit from this).

Landed in Austin, bussed over to my car, drove home, unpacked, watched SNF and cooked dinner. Then called up Rudy and talked for about an hour. We had a lot to catch up on. Didn't take long for me to pass out.

No comments: