Tuesday, January 4, 2011

2011.01.04 Tuesday

First day of work in the new year.

For breakfast, granola and yogurt.
For lunch, roast beef, potatoes and corn.
For dinner, tortelini and hummus.

After work I went for a run. Yeah, can't say that I'm big on running, but I did it. Since it was the first time in a very long time I was not able to run very far. Afterwards, I made sure to stretch out my muscles. That's another thing I feel like I don't do enough: stretching. It's supposed to be important, but is it?

Post-workout, I ate a clementine and watched Interstella 5555: The 5tory of the 5ecret 5tar 5ystem. It's an animated experience to Daft Punk's Discovery album. I have actually seen the first 3 chunks of the video through the first 3 music videos, courtesy of Austin Music Network's morning show. (AMN hasn't been around for years, I watched it in high school, and is how I first got into Daft Punk. Really miss that network.) It's an interesting "movie", and you can see a tiny bit of depth to the story, but it's really just a fun colorful video to watch while enjoying the album. There are a few secrets/hidden jems in the video that Daft Punk fans may notice. It's worth a watch, being barely over an hour long.

Later in the evening, took care of some life stuff, then worked on a music project that I let drop for the past few months. I have some fresh ideas, just need to execute.

No comments: