Wednesday, February 17, 2010

2010.02.16 Tuesday

Finally got my butt back to the gym. Last week was crazy and I only went 1 or 2 days. If I keep flaking out, I'll lose some of this time I have invested.

Stayed at work later than I expected to. I may be done with this work week pretty soon if I keep that up.

Oh and people started asking what I was doing for tonight... and it took me a good while to figure out what they were talking about. It's Fat Tuesday. Crazy. It's already here. What are YOU giving up for lent? I have some ideas but I'll finalize that decision by the end of today.

I ate those leftovers from yesterday, and started the process of cooking a beef pot roast. I think I miscalculated a few things; the lid wouldn't fit on the crock pot once all the ingredients were in there. Woops. Well, eventually things settled down and the lid made a good seal. I'm really excited about this. I'm using almost 2x as much meat, and I'm using two different kinds of meat. A match made in crock pot heaven. Oh, and I used a lot more garlic this time, just for fun, but shh don't tell Kelc (she hates flavor).

After dealing with that for a couple hours, I started my chore of cleaning the kitchen. There is some stuff on the stove that I couldn't get off. I think that has been there since we moved in. It's almost non-food-like, some sort of clear acrylic paint that was splattered on. Only thing I didn't do because it was getting pretty late, was cleaning out the crumbs at the bottom of the oven. Those tend to make a nice amount of smoke.

1 comment:

Kelcey said...

there was a ton of garlic in the last one

you really didn't need to add more