Monday, October 17, 2011

2011.10.17 Monday

Grumpy getting up.

Today at work I had a health screening by my health insurance provider. They worked out a deal with our site to bring in representatives and nurses to help get people engaged in their health, and provided suggestions and directions on how to improve their current state. I'm still mixed about this setup because I know how the general population doesn't like to deal with doctors. I guess it's easy for me to not care or be timid because I'm in pretty decent state. Not that I'm perfect by any means; I have my own set of issues, just things that weren't tested and aren't very common. My blood pressure was slightly elevated than other times I've been measured. After asking around, I think their device was not calibrated as everybody was showing higher-than-expected numbers. Even still, I was within the healthy range. My cholesterol and glucose levels were also fine, and I have a BMI of 20 (so I can put on some weight).

The rest of the day went by slowly and I just couldn't get any enthusiasm behind my work, so I took off right at the 9-hour mark. That hasn't happened in such a long time, I forgot what it felt like to get home that early.

I designated today as a rest day, so no working out. Kelc called me up late into the evening to meet up at PF Chang's for dinner. Then home, cooked up a ny strip and caught the end of MNF.

No comments: