Monday, October 10, 2011

2011.10.09 Sunday

Cooked up some eggs for breakfast. Turned out moist, but not wet, and delicious from garlic.

I went outside to check on my plants, and noticed that there were a couple hives of ants underneath the okra and pepper pots. I guess the rain and change of temperature has them already hunkering down. Not here, fellas. I took a huge bucket of water and blasted them off, and gave them some "ant food" as a good measure. Somehow, they still managed to crawl up my shoes and bite me a few times. Blasted!

Made my way down south to meet up with Mark for our Costco outing. Overall, a rather successful journey. The only thing on my list that I did not get was the coffee. Two and a half pounds of beans just seems a little overwhelming, and the idea of getting tired of a blend made me opt out. On the way out, we had to get some hot dogs. Such a good deal.

After Costco, we unpacked some things, then scurried our way out to look at some properties for sale. There was a house near Enfield and Mopac that was previously a party house, a condo on 5th street, and a condo/house on Windsor. Each one had their own set of strong points and faults, so it really boils down to what you are ok living with. I'm still trying to decide how far in, or how far out of town my ideal place is. Having a condo in the middle of downtown sounds fun for being close to a lot of action, but sucks for parking and having gatherings.

Back home, plugged in my phone since it died (and I forgot to plug it in last night). Put away my groceries and dilly-dally'd for a bit while it charged up. Then off to Kelc's Mom's house to hang out with family.

We played a few games and chatted for a while. Korey decided to complain about watching football and 60 minutes, rather than watching some Kardashian junk. Sorry if that offends you, but I don't want to give any attention to something so irrelevant. Waste of brain.

Nobody could figure out where they wanted to grab dinner, then our choices started getting limited because it was getting late. Ended up going to True Grits. I think they do a pretty good job of providing meals that taste home-cooked.

I left to go back home, everybody else went back to the lakehouse.

Nighty night.

No comments: