Sunday, September 18, 2011

2011.09.16 Friday - ACL

I'm half excited and half scared to start the day. I spent the morning trying to figure out what bands to see, load up my MP3 player in case I have downtime, and find a water bottle.

Kelc and I left to pick up my sister and her (now) fiance. The weather started to look interesting. Rain drops falling... cloudy skies everywhere. We parked in our usual spot with some magical parallel parking skills. Then we started the trek over to zilker.

Next thing I know, we are in and everything looks amazing. The grass looks fluffy and comfortable this year. First up, food and water. I grabbed some Kick-Ass Nachos from Tim Love's Love Shack.

Here's the rough order of everything we saw:
- Disciples of Christ (only because we were near the food area)
- Delta Spirit
- Electric Touch
- Ray LaMontagne
- Beardyman (one of the most entertaining shows I've seen in a while)
- Cold War Kids
- Foster The People (just enough to see the start of their annoying single)
- Nas & Damian Marley
- Pretty Lights (awesome show) (Kelc went to Sara Bareilles during this)
- Coldplay (just a saw few songs)
- Kanye West (also awesome show)

And just like that, the day is over. Crazy exhausted. My phone battery died somewhere in the middle of that because I forgot to charge it last night. Go me.

No comments: