Saturday, March 5, 2011

2011.03.04 Friday

Yay a day off. Love these.

Played a little bit of Half-Life 2 for breakfast. Then I started taking care of some errands. First stop, Academy for camping gear and prices. Next stop, HEB for some food items and cleaning items.

Back home, I tried greasing up some joints on my car. The standard service manual says to "Lubricate Hinges and Locks" every 5-10k miles. I feel like nobody ever does this. It's more like..."the squeaky door might get some grease".

Went out for a skate session with Ryan, and brought his little sister along. He's getting a lot better and more comfortable on his board. I, however, am sore from attempting to run a 5k yesterday. Oh well, we still did some doubles.

Back home, cooked up a fun steak dinner on the grill. Smoked up the meat with mesquite wood chips. I still need to learn a thing or two from ray about preparing the charcoal so you get better temperature. I had a NY strip, Kelc had a top round slice. We had mashed potatoes and baby carrots, and a Malbec wine that tasted better and better as the night went on.

Kelc went to sleep, Habs Taylor and myself decided to make a bunch of noise in the music room.

No comments: