Monday, February 7, 2011

2011.02.02 Wednesday - Lake Tahoe

Today was Spa day. David Willey's spa to be more precise.

I was first in line to receive a 60-minute Swedish massage by Jeff. This was my first time getting a massage like this, so I didn't know what to expect. Turns out this guy used to be in a band that opened for The Offspring way before they hit it big. Far out! Eventually he decided that band lifestyle wasn't for him. Something about stage-freight. I can totally understand that. Also found out that he did some miracle cures for his daughter when she was a baby just by understanding the human body better than the doctors.

My brother started coming down with some sickness, and that's the only reason I had a time slot to get a massage. Also found out he was the best masseuse at the place, and I just happened to be there at the right time.

After the massage, I went to sit in the hot sulfur baths outside. Then tried the steam room, and then back out to the sulfur baths. Super relaxing day.

For dinner, we went to a highly rated (urbanspoon) chinese restaurant for dinner. Quite possibly one of the best cost-effective meals for this entire trip. Super good.

No comments: