Monday, August 8, 2011

2011.08.08 Monday

Took a mini detour to the hotel this morning to wish Kelc a happiest of birthdays.

At work, I like to occasionally stay on top of the news and current events. The US's credit rating dropped, which has a lot of speculation of what might happen as a result of that. One thing that did happen was a hefty drop in the stock market (or at least what the major indexes stated). Also, some rioting has broken out in London. I'm not sure what that is all about, maybe it is just coincidence, or maybe it is because of the credit rating drop, or maybe someone is creating news to distract us from this credit rating stuff. Who knows for real.

After work, I spent most of my evening trying to get a CS:S server up and running with some modification packages. This stuff is less straightforward than most websites make it seem. By the end, I was able to get the quake sounds ("headshot" and "m-m-m-monster kill") working along with granting some admin privileges associated with my account. I wasn't able to get any rcon commands working, but I think that might have something to do with me running the server as a local/lan server instead of a public one.

Kelc came over late and we took a little trip downtown to Sullivan's. There we had an awesome 3-course meal with filet mignons. Ended up being a good deal too, if you know what to ask for.

Back home... sleep.

No comments: