Monday, August 8, 2011

2011.08.05 Friday - Justin's Bday

Well, I slept in some today. That was nice. I was planning on performing an oil change, but according to my records, I can go a bit farther before needing it. Guess I'll play some games in the mean time.

Habs started playing around with some new systems he acquired. Turns out he doesn't have a proprietary cable that comes with certain video cards. Ha. We went to chik-fil-a then Fry's to see if they had some.

Fry's employees gave us the deer-in-the-headlights look whenever we asked them for assistance. Quite entertaining.

Back home, did some preparations for the event tonight. That mostly means I picked up my room and things around the house. Went to pick up some chips and ice as well.

Kelc came over and we watched ... *drum roll* ... the original Star Wars (Episode IV: A New Hope). Somehow she got this far in life without seeing the movie in its entirety. Once we finished that, people started arriving.

The party was fun. I was able to show Kelc's friend Matt a new side of my life. One that includes people consuming beer and yelling obscenities. Typical young adult things. We played darts a few times, and he played some beer pong.

At the end of the night, everything started winding down. We had 1 person that wasn't feeling too well and 1 guy that was really creepy acting. I stayed up to help the sick one, and a funny/odd thing happened; as soon as we got him laying down, he was much more coherent and cooperative. I guess the angle provided in the bathroom was hard on his body.

Eventually I got some sleep.

No comments: