Monday, April 25, 2011

2011.04.23 Saturday

Well, today was mostly spent trying to get myself back on my feet again.

Cleaned up my room.

Played computer games for some of the day.

Kelc came over from work in the afternoon, took a nap, then left again to go back to work.

Spent the evening cooking up party mix for tomorrows celebrations. A few months back I made some bacon party mix, but never posted the recipe. Here's what I did this time:

8 or 9 cups of cereal (I used Crispix, but Chex works too)
1 cup mixed nuts
1 cup pretzel sticks (not easy to measure, just guess)
1/2 lb of bacon, cooked to crispy, then crumbled
0.5 cup bacon grease
2 or 3 tbsp worcestershire sauce
1.5 tsp seasoned salt
1.0 tsp garlic salt (or garlic powder for less salinity)
0.5 tsp onion salt

Mix ingredients together in a large pan. Bake at 250F for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Pour onto paper towels and allow to air-cool (and degrease). Store in air-tight container.

Simple as that.

No comments: