Monday, April 11, 2011

2011.04.11 Monday - Dark Monday

Welp, today is the day.

Will I survive? Sure. Will I still have a job? Maybe.

The day started off gloomy with managers making their rounds, delivering folders of packets with information on what to do once being cut.

Well, by around lunch time I figured that I was relatively safe. The rumor mill churns quickly on days like these, and productivity takes a serious hit. We had a group meeting with the remaining workforce, talked about what happened and how we will go from here, but mostly just wasted more time.

Took a lunch at Chik-fil-a to get away from everything for a little.

In the afternoon, we had another meeting with a higher-up person. This turned out to be more of a venting session. I guess management needs to gingerly calm the workers so they become productive again.

Went home, then off to Plucker's for a dinner out with Kelc and her friends. I enjoyed a plate of jamaican jerk and fire in the hole wings.

Home, games and homework, sleep.

No comments: