Monday, November 16, 2009

2009.11.13 Friday

What a crappy day.

Woke up feeling groggy after getting plenty of sleep. Drove over to the dentist to get 3 cavities taken care of. I really don't like the idea of having my mouth open for more than a few seconds at a time. Not only that, but they shot me up with a bunch of local anesthetic and I couldn't really feel my face anymore. Technically, I don't think these were cavities just yet, more of a preventative measure. The location of these 'soft spots' was pretty inconvenient, so I understand the desire to take care of them now.

Paid for my stuff, went out to my car, put it in reverse, and BAM I hit a car. How did this happen you might ask? Well I had looked back in both directions, and in the rear view mirror. I was turning out to the right at first, but remembered I needed to stop by the bank, so started pulling out to the left. As soon as I switched to looking over my left shoulder and was halfway out of the parking spot, a van decided to stop in the road behind me. From the angle I was leaving the spot and how the van pulled up I couldn't see it over my left shoulder. My rear bumper took most of the damage, chipped paint and bent plastic. The van I hit... just had my paint on it, which was easily wiped off. However, the people in the van were pretty pissy and started blaming me for hitting them after I was clearly backing out of the spot for a while. Insurance also came to the conclusion that I was at fault, which is typical of parking lot instances such as this. The problem I have with this is that I was going so slow, and I was already so far out of the spot that I don't know why they would just stop right behind me.

Went to Guitar Center with Hasbro and Kelc. Found something I want. Cheered me up a bit.

Went to Zen for early dinner. Also cheered me up some.

Ray and Marisa came over to hang out. Things got pretty wild. Listened to some Tubular Bells on vinyl.

No comments: