Friday, March 8, 2013

2013.03.02 Saturday

Slept in some, then went over to Lowe's.  Picked up some more things for the grill, and a florescent light fixture for the garage.  The first thing I did when I went back home was installing the light fixture.  The part that made it more complicated than it should have been was the electrical junction box being the wrong direction by about 90 degrees.  I ended up using the toggle bolts I picked up as a "just-in-case" solution.  Go me.  The first hard part was trying to figure out where to drill some holes for the toggle bolts.  I ended up have to use a stud finder to mark where the joists were, with the goal of just avoiding hitting one, then I eyeballed it...while up on a ladder trying to hold the fixture up.  Whatever, it's a garage fixture, right?   Drew some marks, then drilled some holes, move along.  Unfortunately the toggle bolts were kinda crappy, so after you punch them through the hole, only one leg would pop up. Go me.  Anyways, once the base of the fixture was secured to the ceiling, the rest of the installation was a snap.  (Pay no attention to the dents and scratches.)

Spent a little bit of the later afternoon finishing up what I could with the grill.  I picked up a couple bolts that needed replacing.  Now I just get to wait for the remaining parts to arrive.

Spent a good chunk of the evening doing a computer case swap.  If you have never done one, it's tedious, and pretty much a complete disassemble and reassemble with the hopes that everything still works perfect after you completely broke it.  I had to take notes for some of the cabling I did, but everything worked after pushing the power button.  Hooray.

Time to play some games and relax the remainder of the evening.

No comments: