Friday, July 13, 2012

2012.07.06 Friday (Closing)

I woke up today feeling pretty out of it.  Just not energetic whatsoever.  I guess let's get this show on the road.

Met up at the house for a final walk-through with realtor.  The windows were a tad clunky feeling, but now they work, and lock.  Then we drove over to title company.  There we made some coffee and sat around waiting for the fun.  After a good chunk of time, a lady came to get us, then we went back into a conference room to sign papers.  The sellers had already come by and signed everything earlier, so it was just me and a pen and a large stack of paper.

When we finished up, I drove home.  Changed clothes and sat around.  Just about to take a mini nap and I get a phone call from the title company saying the transaction went through, so I can pick up the keys.  Back to title company..

Then over to my own house.  Achievement unlocked: Home owner.

Not too long after, my parents show up with vehicles loaded with preparation stuff. Kelc showed up.  Cleaning commenced.  Lots and lots of cleaning.  Then a dinner of saccone's pizza.  The first meal.

Left later to hang out at the lakehouse to celebrate Kevin's wakening from a coma. Back to the house for the "first night", sans champagne but sparkling wine instead.  Pretty good too.

No comments: