Sunday, February 5, 2012

2012.02.05 Sunday (Souper Bowl)

Woke up really groggy and with a slight headache. Ate a delicious breakfast while still being groggy, then my dad started painting with oil-based paint, and the headache intensified. I helped out with a couple remodeling tasks like electrical work, but nothing major.

Left the house for a bit to pick up BBQ to eat for lunch. The combination of advil, fresh air, and moving around finally started to relieve me of my headache.

I've been wanting to pick up some sort of coding work to do while I'm at home, but at the same time I don't want to make more work for myself. I thought about it for a while, and thought about picking up python scripting. I looked around online and found a python script someone else made that does the legwork of converting multiple tiers of folders from flac files to mp3 files. Unfortunately for me, the script was designed for Linux and it's convenient shell formatting. Also a slight problem, I'm using a newer version of python than the script was designed for, so I have two hurdles to jump. I tinkered around with this for a while, and tried some debugging. Next think I know, it's time to watch the super bowl.

Kelc picked me up and we stopped by HEB for some snacks. A quick drive over to Habs/Taylors. We arrived to see that the score was already 2-0. WHO WOULD HAVE GUESSED THAT? Srsly. The commercials were alright. The halftime show was alright. The end of the game was pretty alright (mostly happy that the Patriots did not win).

Back at home, apparently the word was out that MIA flipped the bird during the half-time show. There will probably be some more lawsuits about this. Seriously though, this is dumb. They are just instigating to generate a response, thus getting more publicity. I'm getting tired of pop culture and advertisements wherever I look. I'm getting tired of the media and television.

Also, I worked a bit more into the night and fixed up that python script. I now have a convenient multi-threaded script to convert files from flac to mp3, and clean up all the intermediate files. Maybe once I clean it up a bit I can post it here for everyone to enjoy.

No comments: