Monday, April 16, 2012

2012.04.13 Friday

Yet another Friday the 13th.  What will happen today?  Probably nothing too spectacular.

Today started off on a funky note.  I was planning on doing an oil change in the morning, then going to do a car inspection, then was my car, etc.  Just a day dedicated to taking care of my car.  Well it ended up being rainy outside, which means the ground was wet, which means an oil change would be pretty gross.  Thought about going to do an inspection, but supposedly they don't do inspections with wet concrete.  Also kind of pointless to wash a car that is getting rained on.  Bummer.

Instead, I spent a good chunk of the day working on a sketchup model of the cupcake project my dad and I are working on.  Things are looking pretty sweet, just need to start making some cuts and screwing things together.  Also took a little trip over to Walmart to pick up some supplies for a future oil change.

Went to Schlotzky's over lunch for part of their Grand Opening weekend.  They were giving away free meals; kind of hard to turn down free.

I spent a couple hours on the phone talking with a Realtor and a health coach.  Realtor seemed nice.  Health coach too, although I don't like having to jump through hoops to get the most out of insurance.

Later on in the evening, I decided to go ahead and try to tackle the oil change task.  The ground was just dry enough that I wasn't going to get disgusting crawling around on the ground.  Everything was going smoothly until I realized I didn't have a proper wrench to get the oil filter assembly off.  F**k?  My car now has almost no oil, and I can't finish the oil change.  Go me.  My dad came to the rescue and picked up a few options for oil filter wrenches to I could complete the job.

Kelc went to Jewish church and hung out with friends.  I worked on more sketchup and played around on computer things.

No comments: