Sunday, November 6, 2011

2011.11.06 Sunday - Surprise Party

Daylight saving time is in effect. Even though I knew it was happening, it still freaked me out a tad when I was waking up. Cleaned myself up a bit, then waiting.

My parents picked me up to head over to Brenham, Texas. There my cousins had set up tables, food and fun in the fire hall. We arrived too early, so we had to wait a while. My aunt showed up to what she thought was an engagement party, and everybody yelled "surprise" at her. She didn't know how to react. It was pretty funny. Not too long after, we were eating some awesome food; fried chicken, corn, green beans, cole slaw, mashed potatoes, potato salad, bread. So something interesting happened at this event... I found out that my cousin is kind of seeing my friend's boss. Small world I guess.

Stopped by DQ on the way home for a cone. Talked with the parents most of the time, so the trip felt pretty quick. Home, then over to Kelc's to watch the Steelers vs Ravens game. Felt weird not prioritizing football the entire weekend.

No comments: