Sunday, March 4, 2012

2012.03.02 Friday

Felt like taking care of some paperwork that has been piling up. Didn't take long before I regretted that.

Went out to lunch with my pops to Taco Shack. Yum.

Since Mark went and snagged a bike, I finally got around to taking in my dad's bike to get an estimate on fixing 'er up. The shops pretty much said it wasn't worth it. Bummer.

Back at home, I got some tools and started taking apart the issue area (the back wheel). Turns out the "cone" that holds in the ball bearings is all chewed up. There is also a shield flange that attaches to the cone that has snapped off and was probably wedging itself between the balls and the cone. In addition to all that, it looks as if the axle itself is bent. Hmm.

Went over to Kelc's for what should have been a quick pit-stop to pick her and her sister up for bowling, but then that took forever. Eventually made our way over to Habs, to which the sister then said "I don't want to go, drop me off". Awesome.

Highland lanes. Crazy packed with some big brother/big sister event, then crazy empty when that ended.

Home, bed.

No comments: