Tuesday, March 3, 2015

2015 Week 6 (01-07)

Woke up around 5am from being very uncomfortable.  Something in my stomach was not sitting well, and I couldn't tell which end it was wanting to use for evacuation.  I ended up losing a few pounds by sitting on the porcelain throne, other evacuation paths remained unused, although they felt like they could be used at any moment.

Tried to be functional

Today was just off.  Work was dysfunctional due to meetings, weather delays, power outages, and distractions.

Tried shopping at Costco and got denied at the register.  Guess they don't want my business after all.

Worked a long day.  Mostly productive.

Stopped by HEB before going home to pick up some goodies.  Cooked a quick meal and cranked through some lectures for class.

Worked another longer day.  At home I cooked up some veggies for dinner, then installed a aftermarket heatsink/fan in my desktop.  It the first time for me to have aftermarket cpu cooling since i had a Pentium4 3.0ghz HT in the ~2005 time range... so a decade ago. Crazy.

Tried playing some L4D2, but I kept getting randomly thrown into campaigns that were near complete or complete.

Worked a long day.  Ate some leftovers at home, and watched 3 episodes of Arrested Development Season 3 with Kelc.  Played some L4D2, then watched Habs play some L4D2 using ridiculous techniques.

Worked another long day.

Kelc left fo Geek Bowl in NM.  I listened to a bunch of an audiobook while installing a second heatsink/fan.  I started getting some odd video driver issues after installing it.

Woke up and figured I may have not fully installed the video card, so it's getting intermittent connectivity, and freaking out the driver.  Shoved that into the slot more, and reverted drivers and uninstalled sw.  Seems to be stable now.  Annoying.

Worked a long day.  Started off with some Torchy' Breakfast Tacos.  Didn't really need to eat much for the rest of the day because of that.

Home.  Listened to more audio book and hooked up a computer in the bedroom.  I was able to boot it up, then it locked up, and after restarting the hard drive never came back.  Wtf.

No comments: