Monday, January 6, 2014

2013.12.09 Monday (Radio Report Card)

Work, computer crashing.  Unproductive.  Felt like crap for a chunk of the day.

When I got home, I felt like doing some statistics on one of the stations I listen to during my daily commute.  I actually tend to listen to about 8 to 10 stations, jumping around when I dislike the content.

Today's station under the microscope is 93.7FM KLBJ.  I took data from their site between December 1 and December 8, so 8 days worth.

They played a variety of 128 different artists, give or take a couple labeled as "Various Artist" and Stevie Ray Vaughn / SRV and Double Trouble).

Top 5 Artists:
1. Led Zeppelin with 87 songs played
2. AC/DC with 86 songs played
3. The Rolling Stones with 82 songs played
4. Van Halen with 77 songs played
5. Pink Floyd with 72 songs played

Cool graph of artists that got more than 10 plays:

They played a variety of 428 different songs, give or take a couple (human error).
Top Songs:
1. "Tuff Enuff" by The Fabulous Thunderbirds, with 12 plays
1. "The House is Rockin'" by Stevie Ray Vaughan with 12 plays
1. "Pride and Joy" by Stevie Ray Vaughan with 12 plays
(then a ton of 11 and 10 -play songs)

Here is that cool chart showing how they don't necessarily play the same songs over and over, like some other stations might.  There are way too many songs to list, so instead you just get a chart that shows distribution.

Wrapped up my day with Monday Night Football, and sleep.

No comments: