Friday, January 7, 2011

2011.01.07 Friday

Just as suspected, my thumb was sore, swollen, and achy when I woke this morning. I also had some crazy dreams going on. I went back in time to when I was a kid and fixed things that went wrong, and it changed the future. I think I watched too much Back To The Future.

I started up a slow-cooker dish in the morning. Beef pot roast, with celery, carrots, potatoes and onions. It's totally making the downstairs area smell amazing.

Today, I was originally planning on going to the skatepark for some fun time, but I ended up being more lazy and whining about my thumb. I played some more Minecraft, and also played some Left 4 Dead 2. That game will easily take hours away from your free time.

I spent the evening chowing down on pot roast and watching 2001 A Space Odyssey and Tron. 2001 is a decent movie, but it's really drawn out. I feel like that detracts from the movie experience, and doesn't make it feel any more artsy. After reading more into the movie, I think I like the concepts and questions it brings up. It definitely doesn't have much replay value. Tron, now there is an interesting movie. It's always funny seeing how the writers fit the techno-babble into the dialogue of the movie. I had seen some small clips of the movie before, but not the entire movie. It's just like I remembered, a pretty shallow story wrapped in (what used to be) awesome special effects. Definitely in contrast to the earlier movie.

Ate more pot roast, then food coma (sleep).

No comments: