Thursday, August 16, 2012

2012.08.07 Tuesday

Back to work.  It looks like I can get to work in about 20-25 minutes, mostly highway driving.  Not bad.  Unfortunately, not bike-friendly, but still not bad.

Had some morning coffee.  I started using a bag of Dunkin Donuts beans.  A little while later it felt like I was getting a headache.  Not sure if those things are related.

Went out to Popeye's for a fantastically inexpensive meal.  Added a scoop of ice cream to finish off the meal.

Left work later than I wanted to, and got started on yard work.  The whole process takes a couple hours, but that was with rather tall grass.  It might go faster with a yard that is more tame.  Some spots look like they might be dying from the heat;  I'll have to keep an eye on them.

Kelc and I tried stopping by our neighborhood's National Night Out where people can meet up and get to know each other, and also learn about neighborhood safety tips.  I say "tried" because they were putting away the table when we arrive with Kelc's delicious home-baked cookies.  FINE, no cookies for you.

Stopped for dinner at Torchy's Tacos, then a quick delivery trip to Alin's to drop off the carpet cleaner.  Back home, cleaned up and prepared for sleep.

No comments: